No wonder as fast as a stream of Dark Night Of The Soul hit the web last week it was pulled. According to NME.com, the upcoming collaboration of Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse will be limited to 5,000 copies and retail for £38.99 (that’s $59.10 in the U.S.) when it hits record shelves sometime in June. What’s more, there are no plans to release the album as a legal download or on any other formats.
Why so expensive? Well, the previously mentioned guest appearances (Julian Casablancas, Iggy Pop, Frank Black, Wayne Coyne, and Jason Lytle all appear on the album) might have something to do with it, as well as the fact that the release will come packaged with a book of photographs taken by director David Lynch.
Of course, we can always hope that these plans are specific to Europe – sorry, friends!, and that a more extensive, cheaper U.S. release is in the works. However, as of now, nothing indicates that is the case.
Dark Night Of The Soul Tracklist:
01. Revenge (feat. The Flaming Lips)
02. Just War (feat. Gruff Rhys)
03. Jaykub (feat. Jason Lytle)
04. Little Girl (feat. Julian Casablancas)
05. Angel’s Harp (feat. Frank Black)
06. Pain (feat. Iggy Pop)
07. Star Eyes (I Can’t Catch It) (feat. David Lynch)
08. Everytime I’m With You (feat. Jason Lytle)
09. Insane Lullaby (feat. James Mercer of The Shins)
10. Daddy’s Gone (feat. Nina Persson)
11. The Man Who Played God (feat. Suzanne Vega)
12. Grim Augury (feat. Vic Chestnutt)
12. Dark Night Of The Soul (feat. David Lynch)