Back in 1972, following his departure from Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty sought to distance himself from his CCR legacy by releasing his debut solo album under the name The Blue Ridge Rangers. It was a 12 track affair, composed entirely of country and rock covers.
Some 25 years later, Fogerty is ready to offer a sequel to the The Blue Ridge Rangers with the release of aptly titled The Blue Ridge Rangers Ride Again on September 1st. Like its processor, …Rides Again will be composed entirely of covers, with John Prine, Buck Owens and John Denver being among those tackled.
However, there will be a few differences. For one, Fogerty covers himself — “Change in the Weather” is one of the album’s 12 tracks. What’s more, unlike the 1972 album in which Fogerty played every instrument, …Rides Again will feature a full-band, as well as some fairly high-profile guests. According to Billboard, the Eagles’ Don Henley and Timothy B. Schmit and Bruce Springsteen all lend their talents on the album.
Fogerty hopes to tour in support of the release later this year.
The Blue Ridge Rangers Ride Again Tracklist:
01. Paradise (John Prine)
02. Never Ending Song of Love (Bonnie Bramett/Delaney Bramlett)
03. Garden Party (Rick Nelson)
04. I Don’t Care (Just As Long As You Love Me) (Buck Owens)
05. Back Home Again (John Denver)
06. I’ll Be There (If You Ever Want Me) (Ray Price/Rusty Gabbard)
07. Change in the Weather (John Fogerty)
08. Moody River (Gary Bruce)
09. Heaven’s Just a Sin Away (Jerry Gillespie)
10. Fallin’ Fallin’ Fallin’ (D. Deckleman/J. Guillot/J.D. Miller)
11. Haunted House (Robert L.Geddins)
12. When Will I Be Loved (Phil Everly)