Sorry, kids, but as you could probably tell, we devoted most of our attention yesterday to Bonnaroo’s lineup announcement. [Results still pending.] And while it seemed like most of you joined us for the ride, other people did other stuff, causing other news, all of which we figured we’d recap right now.
- A poster for Ultra Music Festival‘s phase 2 leaked onto the web, and boy, does it look good! Now set to appear at the Miami, FL festival from March 26-27 are the likes of Orbital, Damian Marley & Nas, David Guetta, Sasha & Digweed, Fake Blood, Benny Benassi, Pendulum, Calvin Harris, and Little Boots! An official announcement is expected sometime this week; tickets are currently on sale here.
- Last Monday night, MGMT detailed its much anticipated sophomore studio effort, Congratulations.
- Following a lengthy legal battle, the recently reunited Sumblime have a new name: Sublime with Rome.
- Joanna Newsom offered yet another new song and tracklist for Have One on Me.
- Despite rumors of retirement, Bright Eyes announced plans for the release of a few new songs as part of the March 23rd reissuing of the 2004 release One Jug of Wine.
- Lil Wayne was going to go to jail. But then he realized he needs dental surgery.
- Google unexpectedly deleted the popular blogs, Pop Tarts Suck Toasted and I Rock Cleveland, because they “repeatedly violated Bloggers Terms of Service.”
- Bob Dylan and Joan Baez performed in the East Room of the White House yesterday as part of A Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement.” Unfortunately, the former couple did not play together, as Dylan busted out “The Times They Are A-Changin'”, while Baez led a rendition of “We Shall Overcome”. The concert will be broadcast on PBS Thursday night at 8pm EST.
- Finally, it snowed a lot.