As we recently discovered, How I Got Over, The Roots’ upcoming, Joanna Newsom and Jim James-featuring ninth studio album, has finally got itself a release date — June 22nd. Now, it also has a tracklist, one which sports nine songs and a bevy of guests, including James, John Legend, Blu, and about every underground rapper in the book. There’s also a sample of Newsom on a Sugar Tongue Slim-featuring track called “Right On”.
All that being said, as Prefix points out, there’s a good chance that this tracklist won’t be the final one that ends up on the album. Just last night, The Roots’ ?uestlove tweeted, “Workin on 2 interludes at the same time w/ the ladies of the Dirty Projectors” and followed it with a #howigotover hash tag. Accompanied the tweet was a video (which you can see below) as well as a caption that read, “My 3 favorite genius sirens: angel deradoorian amber coffman & haley dekele of the dirty projectors doing the intro of the best [9th] album ever.” So yeah, expect a few changes.
Either way, check out the current tracklist below. How I Get Over is due out June 22nd via Def Jam.
How I Get Over Tracklist:
01. Walk Alone (Truck North, Porn, Dice Raw,Mercedes Martinez)
02. Dear God 2.0 (feat. Jim James, MOF)
03. Radio Daze (feat. Blu, Porn, Dice Raw, Mercedes Martinez)
04. Now Or Never (feat. Phonte Coleman, Dice Raw)
05. How I Got Over (feat. Dice Raw)
06. The Day (feat. Blu, Phonte Coleman, Patty Crash)
07. Right On (feat. Joanna Newsom, Sugar Tongue Slim)
08. Doin It Again (feat. John Legend)
09. The Fire (feat. John Legend, Rick Friedrich)