Its the end of the week everybody, so lets all have a drink. Hell, if youve been working hard, have three. The weekend is here, and now we can all kick back, relax, and enjoy the fact that winters coldest month is almost at a close. That doesnt mean it isnt still cold in some parts of the country, but hey, spring is almost here. While you wait for the season of renewal to roll around though, warm up with some new and entertaining videos on our very own, Cluster 1:
This short directed by Derrick Belcham and Vincent Moon is the result of the Luyas October 2010 multimedia show. The event was in collaboration with Ruby Kato Attwood and Belcham at the Red Bird Gallery, and was a part of Pop Montreal. The whole point behind the project was to catch people letting their guard down, so they all got permission to build a paper forest. Combined with strange things they dragged off the streets, the group constructed a whole world complete with mountains, rivers, and a monster playing the piano. Moon and Belcham teamed up to capture this evening and moment of insanity.
– Obviously, don’t miss this one! Director Garth Jennings captures Thom Yorkes five minutes of dancing to Radioheads new single (?), Lotus Flower, off their eighth studio album, The King of Limbs, which hit the net today.
– The following is technically not a music video; its a teaser trailer for Ponytails album entitled, Do Whatever You Want All the Time. The album drops on April 12th, and while the teaser doesnt play one distinct song, it combined every track on the album to create a collage.
– From Cut Copys third LP, Zonoscope, comes the video to their track Need You Now. The song is accompanied by visuals that debate which sport is best .on the field of battle!
– The Parisian synth-pop group Chateau Marmont brings you their track One Hundred Realities. The video basically looks like M.C. Escher getting smashed with the golden age of computer animation from director Shinya Sato. The song comes from their LP entitled 2008-2009-2010, and the band known for remixes of Royksopp, Ladyhawke, and La Roux will be making their American debut at this years SXSW.
– Watch Aeroplanes new video for Superstar, as they dissect the fashion of a certain Miz Gaga, which comes from their new album, We Cant Fly.
– Shilpa Ray and her Happy Hookers bring you the video from their album Teenage and Torture, Heaven in Stereo. Watch as helpless teens worry about the terror that lurks in the vast forests of the world. With one click, you can watch dark terror and disemboweling so what are you waiting for?
Dont Forget .
Want a constant stream of musical goodness? Check out our Channel, featuring over 30 music videos, several short films, and other nifty clips, all crammed together in one non-stop barrage of visual and aural stimulation.