Rising pop singer Ariana Grande recently announced the release of her sophomore album, My Everything, due out August 25th via Republic. Already
everyone in the known world we’ve heard the Iggy Azalea-aided, chart-topping single “Problem”, and today Grande teams with German DJ/producer Zedd for the album’s second single, “Break Free”.
As one might expect from a pairing with Zedd, the production leans more toward the house side of the spectrum, with lots of mini-drops and churning bass. Grande, meanwhile, sticks to the pop basics, belting out loud and proud about transcending life’s pettiness and self-actualization. Even if it’s slightly cliched subject matter, Grande’s booming, enthusiastic vocals always prove exciting and engaging.
Listen in below.
In addition to Azalea and Zedd, the 12-track My Everything features cameos from Childish Gambino, The Weeknd, ASAP Ferg, Big Sean, and more. Consult the full tracklist below.
My Everything Tracklist:
02. Problem (Feat. Iggy Azalea)
03. One Last Time
04. Why Try
05. Break Free (feat. Zedd)
06. Best Mistake (feat. Big Sean)
07. Be My Baby (feat. Cashmere Cat)
08. Break Your Heart Right Back (feat. Childish Gambino)
09. Love Me Harder (Ariana Grande & The Weeknd)
10. A Little Bit Of Your Heart
11. Hands On Me (feat. ASAP Ferg)
12. My Everything