Die Antwoord are hard at work on their official follow-up to 2014’s Donker Mag, a record entitled We Have Candy. In the process of recording for the album, however, producer Black Goat told them about something they’d never heard of before, something called “a mixtape.” Realizing that American rappers tend to drop these compilations prior to a big album release, Ninja and ¥o-Landi Vi$$er decided to make one of their own, and it’s streaming in full below.
Dubbed Suck on This, the 13-track tape features production from DJ Muggs, God, and The Black Goat. Songs include the previously released “Dazed and Confused” and “Bum Bum”, plus cuts named “Where’s My Fukn Cup Cake?” and “Gucci Coochie”. There are also a few remixes, including one of their breakthrough single “I Fink You Freaky”, marking the first time Die Antwoord has ever allowed someone to put their own stamp on their music.
Take a listen to the whole mixtape below, and grab it for yourself at the official website. Underneath the stream, you can also read Ninja’s letter to fans about Suck on This.
Suck on This Album Artwork:
Suck on This Tracklist:
01. Dance Wif Da Devil (feat . The Black Goat) (prod. by DJ MUGGS))
02. Bum Bum feat. God (prod. by GOD)
03. Gucci Coochie (feat. Dita Von Teese, The Black Goat + God) (prod. The Block Goat and GOD)
04. Where’s My Fukn Cup Cake? (feat. The Black Goat) (prod. by The Black Goat)
05. Dazed and Confused (feat. God) (prod. by GOD)
06. Siembamba f(eat. The Black Goat) (prod. by The Black Goat)
07. Pitbull Terrier (God’s Berzerker Trap Remix) (prod. by GOD)
08. I Fink You Freaky (God’s Death Trap Remix) (prod. by GOD)
09. We Want Candy feat. (The Black Goat) (prod. by The Black Goat)
10. Fok Julle Naaiers (God’s Wicked Jungle Remix) (prod. by GOD)
11. I Don’t Care (feat. God) (prod. by GOD)
12. Jan Pierewiet (feat. The Black Goat) (prod. by The Black Goat)
13. Enter Da Ninja (The Black Goat Decapitator Remix) (prod. by The Black Goat)
Hi my name is NINJA. I’m from South Africa. I rap in a band called DIE ANTWOORD with my home girl ¥O-LANDI VI$$ER.
Our style is a little unusual, and we don’t really know what’s going on with anything because we from out of town, but we love learning and trying new shit out.
DIE ANTWOORD are busy finishing up the new album we been working on for the last 2 years called WE HAVE CANDY that we made with THE BLACK GOAT and GOD in the SOUL ASSASSINS studios in Los Angeles.
So anyway, about 2 months ago we found out that rappers in the USA usually drop a free mixtape for their fans before they drop their album. So we thought, “Hey we wanna do that!”.
THE BLACK GOAT showed us how you make a mixtape which was so fuckin fun! And we decided to call our 1st mixtape SUCK ON THIS!
THE BLACK GOAT said that there are no rules to making a mixtape and that you can do whatever you want, which is our favourite style.
THE BLACK GOAT also told us that mixtapes often have remixes on them.
DIE ANTWOORD has never allowed anyone to remix any of our songs, ever!
So, we quickly popped out some fresh NEW tracks for our mixtape, and we also thought it would be really special to ask THE BLACK GOAT and GOD to remix some of our old shit.
We thought it would be a fun discipline to remix our most popular shit and make the remixes better than the originals, which was a seemingly impossible task, but you know how we roll
So kick back, pop some shamps or crack a brew, spark a fat blunt, and SUCK ON THIS